January 14, 2010

Tuxedo Cookies


These are also some of my favorites. They present really well and they are even better after you let them cool or the next day, if they last that long!

Update: I forgot to give proper credit when I did this entry, so here it goes: My sister Kat is the originator of this recipe.  I am not sure where she got it, but it was hers originally, with semi-sweet chocolate chips.  I suggested white chocolate, and the "tuxedo cookie" was born.  Joint effort.  :-)

Tuxedo Cookies

2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 C. white chocolate chips
1/2 C. (1 stick) butter
1 C. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 C. flour
1/3 C. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Melt 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and set aside. Cream butter and sugars, add melted chocolate and eggs. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt. Gradually add to the wet ingredients and then mix in white chocolate chips. Cook for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment