January 4, 2010

Mediterranean Pasta Toss

My awesome neighbor made this for me right after I had my son. It is so good, and I swear that it is even better reheated- although it is so good fresh too. I also usually use wheat pasta, which I love. I now know that my husband doesn't love it, but he is usually scared of spinach and tomatoes anyway, so I will continue to make it with wheat. :-)



Elaine's Mediterranean Pasta Toss

1 pkg pinenuts
5-6 cloves garlic (chopped well)
1 box penne pasta, cooked
5 oz crumbled feta cheese
1 frozen pkg chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
1 jar sun dried tomatoes in oil (julienne cut) - you can find them in the produce section

In olive oil, brown pinenuts and add garlic. Saute and add tomatoes (including oil), spinach and saute and warm through. Throw over cooked pasta, add a little more olive oil and the feta cheese. Toss and serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment