January 12, 2010

Disneyland 2010


We just got home today from our trip to Disneyland! We went on Monday and had a fabulous time. It was Christopher's first visit and I think for Jason and me, our favorite visit so far. We got there right around 10 AM and even though it looked really busy when we were walking in, the lines all day were not long at all and we were even able to just walk on to a bunch of rides! The first ride we went on was the one where you go into the whale's mouth, I think it is called the Storybook Land Canal Boats. After that we went to do the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, which was really cute, and of course, Christopher loved. Anything where you get to drive around in a car and shoot at "bad guys" has my boy hooked. After Buzz, we did the Astro Orbitor planes that fly around in a circle way up high. It wouldn't be possible to fit three people comfortably in those tiny planes so me and Christopher went alone. I just have to say that those planes fly HIGH and FAST!!! I let Christopher control everything and it was fun, but I was glad that it was a short ride.

We were standing right next to Star Tours and Jason was remembering how fun of a ride it was, so him and Christopher gave it a try. Unfortunately I was not allowed to ride Star Tours being pregnant and all, so I waited outside and worried a little about Christopher enjoying it. Turns out it was one of his favorite rides of the day! Waiting in line, some random robot talked to Christopher, which he loved. When they finally went on the ride, in the beginning when you turn to go down through the doors and the ride says "Stop! Do not enter!" Christopher shouted out "No Daddy!" and Jason just snuggled him close and told him it was just pretend and that everything was OK, and that was it- they had a blast for the rest of the time. I was so proud of my boy, and he had a great time. After that we did Autopia, the driving ride, which I was also not allowed on.
It was almost time for the Jedi Training Academy to start, so we got a seat on the ground and waited. When the people came out, we all took turns shouting "Jedi!" as loud as we could and then finally a Jedi Master came out, did some cool Light Saber tricks and then called up kids to be part of the show. Christopher jumped up and down and raised his hand and was selected! He was front and center on the main stage, right next to the Jedi Master. Jason and I were smiling so big for the entire show- it was definitely the highlight of the whole day. I even teared up with pride a few times- it was so crazy seeing my boy up on stage, following directions and "activating" and "deactivating" his light saber with all the big kids. He even got to fight the "real" Darth Vader! I can't even tell you how cool that was.

Christopher vs. Darth Vader



We took our Jedi to Mickey's Toontown, which was really cute. We got to meet Mickey and tour through the houses. The Chip n' Dale Treehouse was a big hit for Christopher and he had fun taking me through the house and showing me "his house." After that, we stopped in a shop and picked up a sword that Christopher played with for the rest of the day. We went on Pirates of the Caribbean and Christopher waved to all of the animals that we saw. He snuggled close to Jason again but enjoyed it.



Next stop was for ice cream, and that was the longest line of the day at about 15 minutes. We went back to the Buzz Lightyear ride again and then after that, Christopher wanted to buy the Star Wars gun that he had seen earlier in the day and go home. So that's what we did! Jason did stop for a corn dog, which was one of the best he has ever had. We headed home at about 5:15, just in time for rush hour- but luckily we didn't have too much traffic and made it home in good time, with a happy tired boy snoring loudly in the back seat. It was a fantastic trip and I am so glad that we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment