January 4, 2010

Taco Salad

This is one of my very favorite things to do with taco meat, and I swear that the salad is as good as any tacos and a lot healthier.

Taco Salad

Ground beef, turkey, chicken
Taco Seasoning
Lettuce (I like Romaine)
Tomatoes
Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Doritos* - I usually get the neon orange kind, I think they are "cheesy" or "nacho" or something like that.
Optional - chopped carrots, avocado
Catalina Dressing (I use fat free and it is yummy. For Jason I make this with Ranch, and it is also good.)

Brown beef (or I always use ground turkey) and season with salt and pepper. Add taco mix as directed. Let the meat cool down. Add all ingredients and then salad dressing. Toss to coat, crunch some Doritos on top and serve!

*The Doritos are the key to this salad being amazing. The other night my Doritos were stale so we used some Fritos and it was still good, but not as good. I am sure you could use any flavor and have great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment