January 4, 2010

Baked Apples

I made these a couple of weeks ago when I had some friends over for dinner. I think apple crisp is better, especially if you have vanilla ice cream to put on top - but this was good enough that it is worth holding on to.

Baked Apples

6 apples, sliced (and peeled if you like, I leave the peels on)
1/2 c. white sugar
3 T. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves
1/2 c. raisins or dried cranberries
walnuts
1/2 c. whole milk (I think I used skim and it was fine)
splash of vanilla
brown sugar
oats (?)

Preheat to 350 and spray baking dish. Combine sugar, flour, spices and toss with sliced apples. Add raisins and walnuts. Put all of this in the baking dish.

Combine the milk and vanilla. Pour over the top of the apples. Sprinkle brown sugar (and maybe some oats?) on top. Bake covered for 45-60 minutes, until apples are soft.

Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, whatever you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment