March 10, 2009

Zucchini Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Today Christopher and I made these cookies. After I ate far too many, I packaged the leftovers up to pawn off on my neighbors and also set some aside to bring to my class tonight.

They were a big hit all around but the best part is that my secret plan worked: I left some of them on the counter in a tupperware container, as well as the extras for the neighbors whose houses we didn't make it to, and Jason FINALLY ate zucchini!!! He had no idea that it was in them but told me they were awesome cookies.
So without further ado, here is the recipe that I used:

Zucchini Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 C. butter
3/4 C. white sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (About 1 1/2 zucchini's, oddly)
1 1/2 C. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 C. quick cooking oats
1 -1.5 C. semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in the egg and vanilla, mix well, then stir in the shredded zucchini. Sift together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon, stir into the zucchini mixture. Finally, stir in the oats and chocolate chips.

Drop dough from a teaspoon onto an unprepared cookie sheet. Bake for about 11 minutes in the preheated oven. The cookies will stay soft and moist because of the zucchini.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this delicious recipe! I now have another outlet for my abundance of summer zucchinis!

    ReplyDelete