March 7, 2009

Cardio Clean

I have been taking practice tests for teacher stuff and it hasn't been the most exciting, but Jason just left for class from 4-10 tonight and I am getting ready to go get my boy from school. So I had a few minutes of home alone time and decided to try something I haven't done in a LONG time! I like to call it the 15 Minute Cardio Clean. Here is how it goes:

Turn on your itunes (or back in the day it was the old fashioned CD/tape player, and I know it gets worse than that) and crank it up pretty loud. Have at least three or four songs that you like at the moment and TURN IT UP! Run around your house form room to room and pick up and put away whatever you see! Cats need more food? Fill up the bowl! Random toys in the dining room? Throw them in the toy bin in the playroom. Need to unload and load the dishwasher? Shut up and just do it!

Anyway, I only had two songs, both of which were influenced by the last Real World Brooklyn we watched (and both featuring some knuckle-head named "T-Pain," so much for me being mature) but I was able to make our little house look decent in just a few minutes, I felt my heart rate get up a little bit and I actually had a strange sort of fun doing it! I guess it reminded me of the old days, maybe that is the fun.

Just thought I would share in case any of you are looking for that motivation and trying to trick yourself into doing something you dont want to do. For me, knowing that when those songs are over, I am DONE and whatever doesnt get done in that time I will just walk away from motivates me to bust my booty and just do it!!!

OK Off to go get my boy. More later.

xoxo
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment