June 13, 2012

Chocolate Cookies



I made these this morning with My Kate's help, and used up the Frango Mints that my wonderful sister Kat brought me from Chicago.  The cookies were wonderful fresh out of the oven and I have a feeling, they will keep getting better.  Good thing that I have them all loaded on plates to live out their lives elsewhere!

This is a great chocolate base cookie recipe.  Today I added fresh chopped chocolate mints, but you could also use peanut butter chips, more chocolate chips, M&M's, dried cherries, etc.. and I think they would still be fantastic.  They are similar to the Tuxedo Cookies my sister makes, but not quite as rich, and much easier to make.

Chocolate Cookies
1/2 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. butter flavored shortening (can use all butter if you prefer)
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C. brown sugar
3/4 C. white sugar (original recipe called for all white but I made it with brown too and it was fabulous)
2 C. flour
2/3 C. unsweetened cocoa
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 C. of whatever you want to add (chocolate chips, PB chips, mint chips, etc...)

Combine butters, eggs, vanilla and sugars.  Add dry ingredients, fold in chips.  Bake at 350 for 8 minutes- they will not look done but pull them out anyway and let them finish on the cookie sheet for a few minutes.



Original recipe from AllRecipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment