June 2, 2012

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie



Just had a fabulous week in LA visiting my mom and sister, and one morning, we made these breakfast cookies.  I tripled the recipe in the same dish and it came out just fine, and I even cooked one of them in the original bowl I used to mix (cause I hate cleaning up) and it cooked just fine, too.  So good, so easy, and very satisfying.  I wasn't hungry even four to five hours after eating, and my awesome exercising lifeguard sister had the same sentiments.  Definitely a keeper, and I am considering making five or six bowls worth at a time, and then storing them individually in plastic bags and then adding the wet ingredients before cooking.  Seems like a good idea, anyway.

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

  • 1/4 C + 1 T rolled oats (rolled, not instant)
  • 1 t cinnamon
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 1-2 t maple syrup
  • 1/2 medium banana [3” worth of banana]
  • 1/4 t baking powder
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 -2 T chopped walnuts
  • 1 T semi sweet chocolate chips (optional, I suppose, but they add a lot) 
  • 1T milk [any milk would work]

  • In a small bowl [about 5” diameter] mash banana with a fork.  Whisk in egg whites.  Add other ingredients and mix well.  Microwave for about 2 minutes, maybe a little less.  Watch out, the bowl (or plate) will be hot.  Eat with a fork and enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment