July 19, 2011

Grilled Peaches


This is so easy that it almost isn't even worth writing a "recipe" for, but since I use this blog mostly for my own reference, and I don't want to ever forget about this, I am going to post it.  

Peaches, ripe but still firm (smelling them is the best way to know they are ripe) 

All you do is slice the peaches in half around the core (and do that cool twist trick) and then put them face down on your grill over medium direct heat for 3-5 minutes.  I did this on my nonstick grillpan indoors once, and they sort of stuck, so I would spray it next time.

Looking online, I see that some people add honey and other things when they make grilled peaches, but this is perfect as is.  I hear others say this makes a good dessert.... but I don't do fruit for dessert.  These serve really well with fish and pork- or they are good enough to stand alone.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment