December 20, 2019

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies




Believe it or not, I have found myself bored of the Nestle Toll House recipe.  Total first world problem, right?  This recognition led me to search for a new chocolate chip cookie recipe, and this one was fantastic.  The cookies really held their shape and were that perfect mix of buttery crispy on the outside, but ooey goodness in the middle.  This will be my new go-to recipe.  Enjoy! 

Best Chip Cookie Recipe Ever


1 cup salted butter* softened
1 cup white (granulated) sugar
1 cup light brown sugar packed
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt***
2 cups chocolate chips (or chunks, or chopped chocolate)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.  In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder. Set aside.  Cream together butter and sugars until combined.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.  Mix in the dry ingredients until combined.  Add 12 oz package of chocolate chips and mix well.

I used my large scoop to size them and then rolled the dough, this helped them to be even prettier and I think was worth the effort.  (I also froze a few of them at this point!) 

Bake for 8-10 minutes, and take them out when they are just BARELY starting to brown at the edges.  When you remove the cookies from the oven, they will still look doughy. THIS is the secret that makes these cookies so absolutely amazing! Please, I beg you, do NOT over-bake!
Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment