November 3, 2013

Slow Cooker Potato Soup


I have had this recipe saved for months, but today seemed like a nice, cloudy day and I knew we'd be home, so I gave it a go.  All four of us liked it a lot, and it was certainly easy.  I think this is a good one to make on a cool morning for lunch, maybe serve it aside panini's or grilled cheese.  I think it would be easy to make this vegetarian style too, maybe sub in cream of potato soup and veggie stock?   I told Jason I think he should make it at the fire house, especially if he can hide some of the bacon they fry up almost every day. :-)

Slow Cooker Potato Soup
1 - 30-ounce bag frozen potatoes, squared/southern style
2 - 14 oz cans chicken broth
1 - 14 oz can cream of chicken soup
1/2 C. chopped onion
1/3 tsp. black pepper
1 - 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
Optional toppings - green onion, cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon

Combine potatoes, chicken broth, chicken soup, onion and pepper in the slow cooker.  Cook on low for 5 hours.  Stir in cream cheese, cook another 30 minutes or so stirring occasionally until well blended.

No comments:

Post a Comment