October 12, 2013

Sangria


So my girlfriend Nicole makes this amazing Sangria.  I am embarrassed to admit that I may have forgotten my manners at least once by drinking WAY more than my share of this stuff, but she still invites me over when she makes it so I guess I am forgiven. :-)

Nicole spent a summer in Spain and said that they use canned fruit cocktail juice to sweeten their Sangria.  She hasn't tested it as of yet so I am sticking with her original recipe because its my favorite. I've also had good Sangria at restaurants but definitely NOT fresh out of a wine-looking bottle, I dumped that whole thing down the drain.

Sangria
1.5 L (128 oz) Burgundy (cheap red wine, not sure if even Two Buck Chuck would work here)
4 oz Cointreau or Triple Sec
4 oz Brandy
1 large can of fruit cocktail
Fresh fruit (fresh oranges, lemons, apples but whatever you have should be OK)
Sprite to almost fill the jug and to sweeten (or fruit cocktail or simple syrup) 



1 comment:

  1. So I think I've gotten it down to a science. I use a 128 oz jug. I added all of the ingredients listed above including 1 large can of fruit cocktail. I then added enough Sprite to almost fill the jug. Turned out just the way I like it.

    ReplyDelete