October 12, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies



I do love pumpkin, especially in the fall.  And so naturally, I love pumpkin baked goods- muffins, breads, cookies, etc.  Here's what I don't like: the cakey texture that most pumpkin cookies seem to take on.  So I found a recipe for them that promised not to be cakey but instead, the chewy, gooey typical cookie texture that I adore.  Here is the original recipe but I like to have my own ingredient list ready to access any time, so I am copying it below as well.  Kinda neat that this recipe doesn't have any eggs, too.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 C. (1 stick) butter, unsalted, melted
1/4 C. light brown sugar
1/2 C. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
6 T. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie)
1-1/2 C. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking sode
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, if you have it, no biggie if not
1/2 C. chocolate chips

Cream the melted butter and sugars.  Add dry ingredients.  Dough will be very soft.  Fold in the chocolate chips, which might not stick to the dough because of the melted butter, but it'll be OK.  Cover and chill for 30 minutes minimum, or up to 3 days.

Preheat to 350 and drop by rounded (two) tablespoons onto cookie sheet.  I did roll these into balls, then pressed down slightly so they would cook down very pretty, and it worked.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, taking them out before they look done.  You can flatten them now if you need to as well.  Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.

The author of this recipe says to let them sit for at least an hour before serving, and that the chewiness and pumpkin flavor is even better on Day 2.  Not sure if that is true as there were no survivors through the night.  This is definitely one I will make again.



No comments:

Post a Comment