May 31, 2011

Strawberry Banana Smoothie


Christopher loves these and asked that next time, I save a strawberry so that I can garnish it like this photo.  I have friends who say that they blend ALL KINDS of things into their kids smoothies (broccoli, spinach, etc...) and that the kids drink it without ever knowing any better- but I've never actually done that.  I suppose you could... but then y boy eats zucchini and asparagus by the fistful so I don't really see a need.

Strawberry Banana Smoothies

8 large strawberries, fresh or frozen
1 banana, fresh (or frozen would make it more ice-cream-y)
1/2 C. whole milk (I am sure you could use skim)
1 C. yogurt - strawberry banana preferred, but I've been successful with strawberry or vanilla

Blend six strawberries, banana and milk.  Add yogurt.  Serveusing the additional strawberries for garnish. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment