September 30, 2014

Easy Pumpkin Muffins


So I have seen this recipe floating around Pinterest for a while not and never tried it.  But this weekend, fall was in the air, and the ingredients were handy, and it seemed like it would be healthier than making true scratch pumpkin muffins.  I am so glad I gave it a try because these were really good!  And I think they are kind of healthy (pumpkin is a veggie, right?) and I figured the mini muffins out to be about 50 calories each.  Minimal effort, and amazing taste/texture.  Kids and Jason approved as well.  

Easy Pumpkin Muffins
1 box yellow cake mix
1 15 oz can pure pumpkin
optional - brown sugar

Mix the pumpkin and the cake mix and spoon into greased muffin tin.  I used my mini muffin tin and am glad I did, they are perfect for one biting! The bigger ones would work too I am sure.  When you spoon the mix in, it will be sort of stiff and weird shaped but that's totally OK, they taste fabulous.  I guess you could go and flatted the tops of all of them if you were so inclined- but I wasn't.  I did sprinkle some brown sugar on top of them though, just as a lazy chef's streusel, and that added a nice touch to them, so I definitely recommend taking that extra step.  You could make a more proper streusel if you wanted to and I am sure it'd be amazing but this worked and the energy output matched what I had in mind.  

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or so (probably closer to 20 for full size muffins) and enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment