January 14, 2014

Peanut Butter Energy Bars



I made these with my sister Kat a couple of months ago and they are SO good!  They are supposed to be a pre or post run snack, sort of a healthy, homemade granola bar of sorts.  This is the sort of thing that I could just take a spoon to though, so I'll have to be careful, but they are definitely worth posting. :-)

Peanut Butter Energy Bars
1 C. dry oatmeal
2/3 C. toasted coconut flakes (I didn't toast mine)
1/2 C. sunflower seeds
1/2 C. peanut butter
1/2 C. ground flax seed or wheat germ (I blended my flax seed and it worked perfect!)
1/2 C. chocolate chips
1/3 C. honey
1 tsp. honey

Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl.  Let chill in the fridge for half an hour.  Roll into 1" balls if you like, or if you're lazy, like me, then press them into a greased pan and then cut to size.  Store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to a week.

Makes 20-25 balls.
Optional add-ins: chopped dried fruit (apricots, raisins, berries) or nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts)

No comments:

Post a Comment