November 13, 2010

How to Keep Your Cookies from Going Flat...

This is from my teacher friend, when I asked her why some cookies are super flat.  Yummy, but flat. :-)

Okay, so there could be a couple of things going on with the cookies.  First would be that you have to make sure to cream the fat before you add other ingredients.  Then if you mix too much and put too much air in them they will go flat.  The other would be the type of fat used.  Butter will melt more and make them flatter, margarine will do kind of the same thing but not as much and shortening will help them keep from getting flat but the texture is a little off.  My recommendation is no matter what the recipe says you should use half shortening and half butter (not margarine).  That combination is how I get the best results in my cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment