July 17, 2017

Smore Bites



Made these a few times since the 4th of July and they're a huge hit, easy for the kids to help make and super yummy, even though I am not historically a Smores person.  For the chocolate part, you can use a Hershey bar sectioned into mini rectangles, or even a mini Reeses' cup!  I usually use chocolate chips, just because that's what I always have on hand.

Smores Bites

7 whole graham crackers (equals 1 cup), finely crushed
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
chocolate of some sort
12 large marshmallows, cut in half

Preheat oven to 350.

Crush the graham crackers- I let the kids have at this with a gallon size plastic bag.  Combine graham crackers, powdered sugar and melted butter.

Grease your mini muffin tin!  (I've forgotten this a couple of times now, thus the exclamation point.)  Put a small amount in mini muffin tins and press down (I have a wooden dowel type thing just for this) and then bake for 4-5 minutes, or until edges are golden.  While this is baking, cut the marshmallows in half.

When the graham cracker crusts come out of the oven, I usually press them down one more time with the dowel.  Add a few chocolate chips to each cup (OK, it's more like 6-7, but I don't count them) and then top with a marshmallow.

Bake for another 2-4 minutes, until top is slightly browned.  Let them rest for 15 minutes before removing from the tins.

Enjoy within 2-3 days, but they wont last that long.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment