June 9, 2016

Overnight Oats


I have seen recipes for Overnight Oats, but for one reason or another, I've not tried it... until earlier this week.  And it was really, really good!  The texture was great.  To make this, you basically stir all of the ingredients until combined, cover and let it sit overnight, or up to two days, according to my original recipe.  I didn't really care for it cold, so I microwaved it for 30 seconds.  Top with whatever you like and enjoy!

Overnight Oats
1/2 C. old-fashioned rolled oats (just regular oats, nothing fancy or expensive)
1/2 C. almond milk (or any kind of milk)
1 tsp. of honey, plus more for serving if desired
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt

Optional Ideas:
maple syrup, raisins and walnuts
strawberries and almonds
bananas and peanut butter
granola
blueberries
spoonful of greek yogurt?
protein powder?
Could do lots of different things,
I bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment