December 12, 2015

Healthy Pumpkin Mousse



My school nurse sent out this Healthy Pumpkin Mousse recipe a few weeks ago, and after Christopher told me he had something similar at school and loved it, we decided to give it a try.  I am pleased to say that it was delicious, simple to make, easy on the eyes and completely satisfied my pumpkin pie desires, so much so that I only had a bite this last Thanksgiving weekend!  That is pretty impressive.  The original recipe called for sugar free pudding mix (if diabetes is a concern) and crumbled gingersnaps or graham crackers on top, if you are so inclined.  I just served with whipped cream and loved it as is! 

Pumpkin Mousse

1 large package vanilla pudding
1 ½ cups milk
1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
cool whip, about half of a small container, plus more for serving

Mix the pudding and milk, and then let it set up in the fridge for 5 minutes or so.  Add in the pumpkin and spices, mix to combine.  Fold in the Cool Whip until color is even throughout.  I scooped it into clear serving cups and let it set up in the fridge, garnishing with additional cool whip when serving.  Very pretty and very yummy!

I saw in a picture that it appeared as though someone had frozen it- that could be good, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment