October 31, 2015

White Chicken Chili



My friend Kathleen gave me this recipe, and since slow cookers are a working mom's best friend, I had to try.  I'll be honest... I liked the chili, didn't love it.  Christopher said it was his favorite that he has ever had, so that means that I will for sure make it again.  I also had the leftovers for lunch for the rest of the week and I think that it is one of those recipes that tastes better after a day.  It was very good for sure, and very healthy, just sort of mild, I guess, compared to other chili's I've had.  Maybe that's the point. :-)

White Chicken Chili
1 small onion
1 small can diced green chills
2-3 chicken breasts
3-4 cans of white chili beans and their liquids
1 32 oz container of chicken broth
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. coriander
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper

Optional:
cilantro, garnish
cheese- cheddar, monterey jack, shredded and to top with

Throw everything (except cilantro and cheese!) into the slow cooker and let it go for 8 hours on low.  Shred the chicken before serving!  Top with fresh cilantro and cheese if you so desire.  I had cheddar on hand and that was good, but keeping with the white theme, I think that monterey jack would work, too.  :-) Enjoy!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment