July 3, 2015

Appletini Jell-O Shots



I am going to a 4th of July party tomorrow at a close friends house and wanted to bring something festive.  Her dad is quite the Appletini maker and so he helped to inspire this creation.  I never really found a recipe for this- just saw ideas and variations and made this my own.  I did try one tonight and it was really good!  You can definitely taste the alcohol, almost an after effect, but it isn't so strong that it is unpleasant at all.  I think the cherries are adorable and fun!  I recommend using lime flavored jell-O.  I heard there is a sour apple flavor, which I am sure would work great, but I never found it.  You definitely want the bright green color.  The recipe is easy to double, and I would imagine you could do more with it too if you had a big enough pan!  I bought my 2 ounce containers and lids (125 of them!) from Smart and Final for about $6 total, and I have enough left over to try this out again!  So many possibilities!  I am inspired! ;-)   

Appletini Jell-O Shots

3 oz box of lime jell-O 
8 oz. water
5 oz. Sour Apple Pucker
3 oz. Vodka (I used regular but apple flavored would certainly work.) 
maraschino cherries
disposable 2 oz. cups and lids (maybe sprayed muffin tins would work?)

This makes about 16 one-ounce cups (which I guess makes sense since that is how much liquid you use!)  Actually, I made a double batch and got 35, which is about 17, so I guess those cherries fill up the cups a touch. :-) 

Boil 8 oz of water and put one cherry in each cup while you wait.  Add in the Jell-O mix and stir for two minutes, until fully dissolved.  Add in the Sour Apple Pucker and Vodka, and then transfer to a measuring cup with a spout so it is easier to pour.  Fill each cup just to over the cherry, about half way.  Let chill in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.   


No comments:

Post a Comment