May 5, 2013

Crepes



Sometimes, you just need crepes.  Here's a basic recipe that worked well for me.  It is all staples that we all have on hand and they say that the batter keeps in the fridge for a few days.  This recipe makes about 8 crepes.

Crepes

2 eggs
1/2 C. milk
1/2 C. water, plus a little more to make it a runny, crepe consistency
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
1 C. flour
1/4 tsp. salt

In large mixing bowl, mix eggs, milk, water, vanilla and melted butter.  Gradually add in dry ingredients.  Add a little water if needed to make it more runny.

Use a frying pan on medium heat, grease it with butter preferably but spray will work too.  Add 1/4 C. mixture and spread it around so that it is super thin.  Cook for about a minute or so, then flip and cook for maybe 30 seconds more.  I use a metal spatula with these, even though I use a nonstick pan.  Just be careful.

I like to spread on Nutella and if I have them, fresh sliced strawberries and/or bananas.  The possibilities are endless!  My kids approved, too. :-)

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment