September 24, 2011

Bacon Grid


Bacon Grid

I saw this idea in one of those Kraft recipe books for making BLT's and wanted to remember it, should I ever be in a place where I actually decide to make a BLT.  I like bacon but couldn't imagine having it for a main dish... although every once in a while, I bet a BLT would hit the spot.  In any event, this seems like it would be a fun way to make the bacon and maximize the bacon in every bite of the sandwich!

So to make this grid, you just lay 5-6 pieces side by side, touching each other, and then you weave the next 5-6 pieces through going perpendicular to the first set.  You can cook it like this in a fry pan or in the oven. Not sure about the microwave... and even though I know people who do it, and have enjoyed food made that way, meat in the microwave still weirds me out.

BLT's, by the way- are just toasted bread, mayo, bacon, lettuce and tomato.  This grid of about 12 slices makes enough for four sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment