June 1, 2011

Banana Cream Pie

 

This is super easy and very yummy.  It's nice to have a few offerings of pies- one banana cream, one chocolate, etc...  When that happens, I usually have a slice of each.  I am an Equal Opportunity Pie Connoisseur.

Banana Cream Pie
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Imitation Banana Extract
1 package (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix (or use banana flavored pudding without the extract)
2 medium bananas, sliced
1 prepared graham cracker crust (you could also use a traditional pie crust but I prefer graham cracker)
2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping (optional)

1. Mix milk and extract in medium bowl. Add pudding mix; beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
2. Arrange banana slices in bottom of crust. Pour pudding mixture over bananas.
3. Refrigerate 3 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped topping just before serving. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.

Makes 8 servings.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Refrigerate: 3 hours

NUTRITION INFORMATION
per serving
Calories: 249
Fat: 9 g
Carbohydrates: 39 g
Cholesterol: 4 mg
Sodium: 335 mg
Fiber: 1 g

3 comments:

  1. Hello, it looks like a very nice recipe :) I just have one question. As I am not english people I couldn't understand if the rules in 3rd point -Refrigerate 3 hours or until set - means, that I have to put a cake in the freezer or just in fridge. I thought it might be just fridge but I asked for sure. Greeting from my country anyway ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I already understood by myself- it's only a fridge ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment Una, I am glad that you figured it out- yes, "chilling" equals the fridge, not the freezer! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete