March 25, 2010

Tilapia


These are the ways that I know to cook tilapia. I buy the bag of frozen tilapia loins from Costco and thaw for a few hours (or overnight) and then get to work.


Spicy Lime TilapiaBrush filet with olive oil, after patting dry.
Sprinkle on some lime juice.
Rub with cajun seasoning.
Can garnish with fruity (mango?) salsa if you have it.

or

Breaded Lemon Pepper TilapiaBrush filet with olive oil, after patting dry.
Rub with lemon pepper seasoning.
Rub on some bread crumbs.
Spray with olive oil spray.
Sprinkle with lime juice after cooking.

I have not had the chance to get this fancy yet, but I read that you can slice lemon or lime and put the slices over the fish while it is cooking. I bet that is really good.

Bake either of these at 400 for about 30 minutes. I am sure you could broil quicker but this was easy to do yesterday and gives your other food a chance to cook as well.

Update:
I just dicsovered that you can make tilapia in your crockpot in foil packets!  Here are two recipes I know:

Mix up some mayo (Miracle Whip in my case), minced garlic, shredded (or grated) parmesean cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Coat both sides of filet and then wrap up in the foil packet.

Drizzle balsamic vinegar and honey over filet, in additon to salt and pepper.  If you have fresh sliced oranges or lemon, add that too- or you can use mandarin oranges.  Close up foil packet.

Cook in slow cooker on high for 2 hours, or in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  Easy and NO clean up!

No comments:

Post a Comment